How do you read the state of the 28x1's output port?

Tom2000

It wouldn't let me peek the PORTB register.

Thanks,

Tom

oops... answering my own question.. "readoutputs." I knew it was in the manual somewhere, but I was unable to find it. Sorry.

Edited by - Tom2000 on 03/07/2007 10:50:09

Edited by - Tom2000 on 03/07/2007 11:58:53

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
On the new 28x1 we have also added the option to read the outpins variable directly

let b1 = outpins

On other chips use readoutputs

Tom2000

I tried that in the sim first, and it didn't work.

Say, Technical, while I have your ear, I'm having some problems with an ambitious routine I'm writing on an A.0 28X1. You can take a peek at the project here: <A href='http://www.mindspring.com/~tom2000/picaxe/picaxe.html' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>

I'm at about 2100 bytes of download code, and I seem to be hitting some sort of hard limit. At this point, I have to comment out some code in order to get any new code to load without crashing the processor or entering a permanent 3-second processor reset cycle. (And it doesn't seem to matter what code I comment out. It looks like I need to free up some space to add new code.)

Matter of fact, even adding a sertxd debugging statement is enough to drive the processor into instability.

I'm not at the subroutine limit -- I have only about 30 subs -- and limiting the scope of the program flow with do : loop breakpoints, I know I'm not pushing the 8-deep subroutine call limit.

I haven't gone too far toward troubleshooting the problem, but wonder if this is symptomatic of the 28X1?

I'll post the problem code on the page referenced above. Look for a link near the top of the page which says &quot;Problem Code.&quot;

I'd appreciate any help you might provide.

Thanks!

Tom

Edited by - Tom2000 on 03/07/2007 16:34:08

Edited by - Tom2000 on 03/07/2007 16:34:36