hourly clock pulse output

topicaxe

I have a PICAXE-28A (and Starter Kit) and a Serial LCD/Clock module. Also an AX034 Clock Upgrade. Without using the LCD display, or any other clock display, can I use just the AX034 and a PICAXE-28A, sutibally programmed and connected together, to output a number of pulses corresponding to each hour. Like,say, five pulses at 5 o'cl, nine pulses at 9 o'cl, etc. I intend to use the pulses to operate a clock chime. //Sammy

bgrabowski

Are communicating between 2 different Picaxes? If so it might be easier to send and read pulses of different "widths". For example 10ms = 1, 20ms = 2, 30ms = 3 etc etc.

Edited by - bgrabowski on 09/04/2006 12:32:08

Edited by - bgrabowski on 09/04/2006 12:33:28

topicaxe

I'm looking to the possibility of making my own pcb and having on it a DS1307 and a PICAXE-28A (because that's the only picaxe I have). Can I achieve what I have described with just that?. Having programmed the picaxe, I would plan to use push switches and leds to indicate initial time setting.//Sammy

andrewpro

You will need an X part to use the I2C interface on the DS1307. The only other way to do it would be to bit-bang it, and it's really slow and frankly not worth it.

--Andy P

topicaxe

Thanks for your replies, guys. A bit more hunting around my stock of components luckily located a PICAXE-28X. My programming editor needs updating as the -28X option isn't selectable on it. So let's sort that out next. (A search on the forum for DS1307 info proved useful, and answered some of my queries).