Help With Picaxe Needed!!!

omid91

hi, im very new to PICs and programming. to help me start i wantrd to know if any of you people have flowcharts of simple programmes such as timing, latching, pulse generation, counting. i would really appreciate it. :D

Andrew Cowan

hi, im very new to PICs and programming. to help me start i wantrd to know if any of you people have flowcharts of simple programmes such as timing, latching, pulse generation, counting. i would really appreciate it. :D
You say flowchats - are you programming with:
-PIC Logicator (costs money, uses flowcharts)
-Programming editor (basic flowcharts, free)
-Programming editor (Basic code - what most people on here use).

Andrew

Rickharris

Sigh! Start simple - Follow the examples give for each of the commands in the manual until you understand what they do.

Write down what you want to do in plain English (or you preferred language) then convert it into a flow chart (if you must)

Personally i would reccoment trying to get a grip of the command language it's not that difficult there are some helpful PDF files here if you look around.

omid91

well basically the thing is i have a gcse exam and to brush up on the PIC skills a good thingto do would be to take a look at a few premade flowcharts, simple ones like timing, latching, pulse generation, counting.

Andrew Cowan

I've got that tomorrow as well, and I write in basic.

Knowing lots about electonics (I got 98% in my mock), I always try to write code as complexly as I can (with comments, of course).

I recomment basic as it is so versitile, but if you have been taught flowcharts, use them.

You can still get good marks for the code writing section by using no complex features - loops and things aren't needed, you can get a good mark with:
Code:
high 1
wait 1
low 1
wait 1
high 1
wait 1
low 1
wait 1
high 1
wait 1
low 1