Help 40X1 port E syntax

tmccullough35

I cannot find out how to tell the Programming Editor in a Basic program for the 40X1 how to write to E0 (leg 8) in a "high" statement. Any help?:confused:

donrecardo

Hi
I am new to picaxe so not sure if this is correct but I just saw in another post that to write to port C pin 0 use

high portc 0

so I would have thought for portE pin 0 it would be

high portE 0

I dont have a 40x1 but why not give it a try and see if it works

Don

eclectic

I cannot find out how to tell the Programming Editor in a Basic program for the 40X1 how to write to E0 (leg 8) in a "high" statement. Any help?:confused:
Please look at (latest) Manual 1, page 85.

A small part-copy of the page
Code:
PORTA Functions
Leg Default Function Second Function
2 analogue 0 porta input 0
3 analogue 1 porta input 1
4 analogue 2 porta input 2
5 analogue porta input 3
PORTB / PORTE Functions
PORTB pins are fixed as outputs and cannot be altered.
PORTE pins are fixed as analogue inputs and cannot be altered.
PORTC Functions
Leg Default Second Function Special Function
e

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
See manual part 1 appendix E, these are fixed as analogue inputs an so cannot use the 'high' command.

tmccullough35

Thanks, that clears it up a bit. I think I had mistakenly taken something from the 40X2 part.
Is there anywhere a listing of the correspondence for instance between "leg" number 2, the PIC16F887 data sheet (p.6) name "RA0/AN0/ULPWU/C12IN0-", the picaxe_manual1 (p.31) name "ULPWU / ADC 0 / In a0", and whatever the Programming Editor syntax wants?
I am using the PICmicro 28/40 prototyping board which ties leg 2 to a pad labeled A0. A am guessing that "readadc10 0,w1" gets the voltage at leg 2 (pad A0) while "high 0" will raise leg 33 (pad B0). Also guessing that the way to capture port c is "readportc b0" while to capture port d is "let b0 = pins".
The PICAXE products are great, I just hope i can someday master the nomenclature. :)