help !! 20M2 troubles

jyb

hi all
i bought some months ago(just when issued), 2X 08M2 (which works perfectly), 2X 14M2, 2X 18M2 and 2X 20M2 i did not try them before today
today i replace two 20X2 working in a circuit fully achieved and running perfectly by two 20M2 and i am surprised and disapointed
because they don't run : programming them nor checking version is possible
vcc is 5v i use an axe 027 cable and download cicuit is enhanced
possibly speed transmission is wrong ? how i can change it ?
something is wrong ? but what?
may be somebody could help me ?

jyb

nick12ab

Can you do a firmware check on the 20X2s themselves now? If not, then you might have broken a download connection since last programming the 20X2s.

Do you get the "Hello I am your PICAXE-20M2" message in the terminal when you connect the cable (there is a short delay before the first one is transmitted) - try 4800 and 9600 baud for that in the terminal.

jyb

thanks your answer Nick

yes i try again with the two 20X2 and they runs

with 20M2 in place i get no answer and i try them on another board : same issue ,no dialog possible
may be better i buy new 20M2!
thanks a lot

nick12ab

What do you have connected to the input and output of the PICAXE apart from the download circuit? Medium-to-high loads could sink enough current to prevet high sgnals from registering. Did you get the hello message?

Ensure that the PICAXE resistors are wired correctly and not in potential divider form.