Giving a little back.................

RustyH

For quite some time now, I have turned to this forum for help on electronics projects, both with and without Picaxe at the heart. Ive always had constructive and valuable advice and support, for which I am very grateful

It is highly unlikely I will ever be at a level to give back knowledge and support on electronics to these forums. So I thought I would offer support of a different kind

I have access to 3D printers at work, and also free reign to use them as I choose. Therefore I would like to offer my support for anyone needing plastic parts printed for their project. I would offer this free of charge or if you wish you can offer a donation towards the costs.

The offer is open, and I hope I can return the support I've been given on these forums

Cheers

bfgstew

A very generous and thoughtful offer Rusty, I am sure a few of the members will glady take up your offer.

Buzby

Hi Rusty,

That is a very kind offer you are making.

At the moment I don't have any specific need for a 3D printed part, but I do have an idea that might be interesting to explore.

How about some kind of 3D PICAXE logo, maybe a keyring, or an emblem to stick on an enclosure - Powered by PICAXE !.

I don't have the tools ( or time ) to design such an object, but I'm sure someone on the forum could do it.

Cheers,

Buzby

RustyH

Hmmm... Just bought the parts to start building one....

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LearCNC-RAMPS-1-4-Starter-Pro-Kit-for-RepRap-Prusa-Rostock-3D-Printer-Nema17-/190873303696?pt=AU_Gadgets&hash=item2c70ef7a90

Can you make the parts for this machine?

http://www.instructables.com/id/Eventorbot-Open-source-3D-printer-Free-plans/

I would be happy to pay for postage and any mutually agreed extra :)

Many thanks.

Marz.

Hi Marz, I dont see why is couldnt print some of the parts. If you sent me an example file (STL or STEP) then I could give it a while

Hi Rusty,

That is a very kind offer you are making.

At the moment I don't have any specific need for a 3D printed part, but I do have an idea that might be interesting to explore.

How about some kind of 3D PICAXE logo, maybe a keyring, or an emblem to stick on an enclosure - Powered by PICAXE !.

I don't have the tools ( or time ) to design such an object, but I'm sure someone on the forum could do it.

Cheers,

Buzby

Hi Buzby,

Sound like a good plan, if someone has idea for a logo, I can draw it up in CAD and give it a go

Axel87

For quite some time now, I have turned to this forum for help on electronics projects, both with and without Picaxe at the heart. Ive always had constructive and valuable advice and support, for which I am very grateful

It is highly unlikely I will ever be at a level to give back knowledge and support on electronics to these forums. So I thought I would offer support of a different kind

I have access to 3D printers at work, and also free reign to use them as I choose. Therefore I would like to offer my support for anyone needing plastic parts printed for their project. I would offer this free of charge or if you wish you can offer a donation towards the costs.

The offer is open, and I hope I can return the support I've been given on these forums

Cheers
Very awesome offer!
Cant think of anything that I need, but wish I could offer more support to this community as well!
Great idea though, hats off to you!