FT_PROG and FT230XS/FT230XA

tracecom

Post deleted. Problem solved.

I am trying to use FT_PROG to enable battery charger detection in the FT230XS, but cannot make it work. I check the "Battery Charge Enable" box in the hardware section of FT_PROG, but it seems to have no effect. Does anyone here have experience with this software and this UART?

Thanks.

ETA: See post 4 for the solution.

Last edited:

nick12ab

You decided that no one else would ever have the same problem and come searching here for a solution?

tracecom

You decided that no one else would ever have the same problem and come searching here for a solution?
Well, if you want help with future problems, you might want to help others by saying what the solution to your problem was.
I thought the problem was obscure and the solution not worth posting, but I don't mind describing it. It turned out to be a bug in FT_PROG, version 3.0.56.245 that interfered with using the utility to enable battery charger detection. FTDI provided version 2.8.20 of FT_PROG that did not have the bug. My assumption is that they will reissue FT_PROG in the near future.

nick12ab

I thought the problem was obscure and the solution not worth posting, but I don't mind describing it. It turned out to be a bug in FT_PROG, version 3.0.56.245 that interfered with using the utility to enable battery charger detection. FTDI provided version 2.8.20 of FT_PROG that did not have the bug. My assumption is that they will reissue FT_PROG in the near future.
OK then. Please reinstate the original* post a concise description of the problem and add a link to that post or copy of the solution too. Otherwise people will see the first post then press Back.

*Saw original post
Anyone here have experience using FT_PROG to enable Battery Charger Detection on an FT230XS or FT230XA? If so, I'll post a question; otherwise, I won't bother typing it out.

Thanks.