For Technical Re: Spammer

moxhamj

They are coming thick and fast now - with all sorts of made up names. Top marks and a big thankyou to all the moderators who have been removing these very promptly as they appear. Hopefully this is a short lived attack.

Am mildly concerned to see that the post for "cheap auto insurance" has had one view and the "free sex tape" has had 11. They were listed at the same time. Reminds me of posters that used to be put up around Uni: "FREE SEX... Now that we have your attention, the science faculty is having a sausage sizzle at 11am etc"

Last edited:

SD2100

I think there's a need for a moderator in OZ that can remove this trash while all the other mods are asleep in the UK, that way it's removed as quick as possible.

BeanieBots

Seems we're having a day of it today!
Think I've got em all for now.

Could I please ask that members DON'T reply to spam postings even if it is just to state that it's been reported. It's much easier/quicker to find spammers when their name is still shown as the last poster.

Last edited:

administrator

Technical Support
Staff member
Yes, there has been a run of them, unfortuantely some people have nothing better to do with their lives!

We have banned the active ones and temporarily setup a new user moderation system (new registrations can't post until checked out by a moderator), so that should help.

BeanieBots

I've been getting quite a few PMs from new members unable to post for several days. Is this "member moderation" still in place?
I do not have (nor want) "member" moderation rights, so I cannot help with this issue.