For review. Finished I hope.

MartinM57

It looks like the schematic will work but, personally, IMHO etc etc:

- I think you've got 3 fuses too many. Put a 1.5 or 2 amp fuse on the incoming supply on the left, followed by a diode to the first relay, with a "safe 12v" point declared at the pointy end of the diode and the relay. Connect all the other 12v points to the "safe 12v" point

- What's the 1n4001 diode at the bottom left for?

- I'd ditch the relay at the bottom left and the 3xAA batteries in favour of what you had before (a regulator) with a few suitable components around it to make it "automotive". Google for the Megasquirt power supply and base yours on that - that will be good enough

- Experiment with your motor - I would look at connecting it to 12v with a "dropper resistor" that drops 9v across the resistor at the current that the motor takes (others may not agree!). Then I'd ditch the bottom right relay and the 12v->3v adapter and connect the ground of the motor to OUT5 on the 2003, Don't remove the 0.1uF from the motor though.

Just $0.02 worth of course - but it just strikes me as too complicated than it needs be..

bull10x

How long will 3 x AAA last?
I am hoping for them to last a season.

They will only be powering the Picaxe when the motorcycle is running.

- What's the 1n4001 diode at the bottom left for?
Well... It is doing nothing. I think that I put it in there for the wrong reason -The reason for the one @ the right relay is to protect the Darlington. My despike diode

But I was just looking at my schematic at the right hand relay and if I do keep it, Shouldn't the Diode go on the feed side of the relay coil???

I think you've got 3 fuses too many. Put a 1.5 or 2 amp fuse on the incoming supply on the left,
I think that I have 2 fuses too many also

followed by a diode to the first relay, with a "safe 12v" point declared at the pointy end of the diode and the relay. Connect all the other 12v points to the "safe 12v" point
So are you saying keep the 1N4001? and just hook all common +12vdc to it?

Google for the Megasquirt power supply
I will go a Googling.

- Experiment with your motor - I would look at connecting it to 12v with a "dropper resistor" that drops 9v across the resistor at the current that the motor takes (others may not agree!). Then I'd ditch the bottom right relay and the 12v->3v adapter and connect the ground of the motor to OUT5 on the 2003, Don't remove the 0.1uF from the motor though.
Less is more. If I can use a "dropper resistor" and get rid of extra components that would be great!