For AllyCat - Code Snippet

benbaker7

Hi AllyCat. You were kind enough to send (me) a dissertation on PE5/6 random number generation. My problem now is trying to print it - my equipt (XP) only seems to want to print page 1 of a 2 page doc - page 2 is blank. I can produce it all on one page only by reducing to 45%, which is difficult to read. Is there a print function I've overlooked, or could you send it as an email to [deleted by moderator]?

Thanks

Ben Baker

Last edited by a moderator:

papaof2

For text only posts, use the mouse to select all the text you want, then copy it and paste it into Notepad and you can print from there.

I still use an XP machine for writing (11 books on Amazon) and I've had to find workarounds as web sites are updated to please the newer OS releases. The XP machine is older and has more vertical screen space (16:9 is NOT that good for authors). I do have newer machines: Win 7 that monitors the small solar system and Win 10 for everything else, but I'm more likely to be looking for my muse to provide inspiration and using the XP machine than any other.

benbaker7

Papa of 2 ..... With some trepidation I applied your technique to WordPad rather than Notepad and after some adjustment to margins etc, it worked a treat, so thankyou.
Alleycat, if you're reading this, please disregard my last.

Ben Baker