.file help

pleiser

:confused:sometimes when I save a flowsheet and logicator it saves it as a .file (type of file) instead of .plf. Though the programming editor can read it it is a bunch of nonsense with a syntax error on every line. How can I make it save flowsheet that can be used as flowsheet that can be programmed onto my microcontroller. My computer is a 2003 windows xp

Tricky Dicky

I do not know how your getting Logicator to save files with a .file extension, flowcharts are saved with a .plf extension but if you convert your flowchart to basic (see PIC menu) then it will save with a .bas extension.

You cannot open a logicator .plf file in Programme Editor, the flowcharts in PE are saved with a .cad extension. Although I have never done it, you should be able to open a converted logicator flowchart with a .bas extension in the text editor of PE since they both use the same .bas file extension.

Richard

pleiser

save as

I did more testing and found out that it saves a .file file when I already saved the flowchart once and used save as to save a new version eg. add lights to program but want to keep original program.

Tricky Dicky

I am sorry, that is a new one on me. Both me and my students have saved hundreds of Logicator flowcharts several over and over again as you mention and never have we had a file save with a .file extension. In fact the only problem we have experienced has been trying to open saved files from My Computer as Windows does not seem to associate .plf with the program they were created in, meaning you had to open Logicator first and open saved files from it, a minor irritation.

The only thing that I can suggest is that maybe your download was corrupted. The remedy for that is to remove the program and try another download and installation.

Good luck
Richard