Faulty Download Cable?

chigley

Hey all,

Not been keeping my eye on this forum as much due to exams etc. but I finish for Summer tomorrow so I've got all my stuff out again!

The only problem is that I'm having many problems trying to download programmes onto my chips. Using a prototype board which I've always used (100% sure it's wired correctly), same download cable and same USB port.

I don't normally point the finger at the product because it's normally me, but it's the only thing I can think of now, after trying everything!!

Basically, I have to hit the download button about 10 times before any activity ever happens. This has happened ever since I started using PICAXE, and it's never been a major problem. The problem was actually reduced after I read to add "interrupt: return" on the end of the programmes (I'm on a Mac and apparently that helps).

Now however, after multiple tries, when a download eventually starts - it's incredibly slow! About one progress dot (.) every minute or so, and when it's nearing the end I get an error saying "Error 35: resource temporarily unavailable".

I've never been too bothered by having to have multiple attempts before a download before, but the constant failings and slow speed are beginning to wind me up already! The only thing I can think of is that my cable is faulty, as everything else has been tucked away in a box.

Any suggestions? Don't really want to fork out for a new one.. as they're quite pricey.

Charlie

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Thiis a software or hardware issue, not the cable.

What type of Mac and version of AXEpad are you using?