Eyebrow Pic -project can anyone Picaxe it?

gbrusseau

Yes, the PICAXE 08M2 is the PIC12F1840 and will work well for this project. Might want to consider a DIP type 3axis accelerometer for ease of soldering. The charlieplexing will use all four output pins including the serout program port C.0 No problem.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
I'm sure something comparable could be done and one wouldn't necessarily have to stick with an 8-pin PICAXE so could avoid the complexities of charlieplexing. The accelerometer could probably be replaced by simple mercury switches if you didn't want to build exactly the same but rather wanted to build on the idea. I quite like the idea of 'head bang to select' and that might be a neat mod for those Christmas bobble hats with LED's around the rim.

AllyCat

Hi,

Isn't the Programming pin C.5 (Leg 2) input-only with a PICAXE? C.1 (Leg 6) must be reserved as the I2C SCL clock leaving only 3 Output pins for Charlieplexing.

However, there is a forum thread about using the C.3 (Leg 4) "Input Only" pin to carry a high impedance output signal, so maybe that could be used by the addition of a couple of small transistors?

Cheers, Alan.