Error with 18M2

Manel_s4

Hello, I have done a RGB LED CUBE 3x3x3 and I have programmed it but I i can't connect the microcontroller 18M2 with the computer.

It's something really strange as when I connect the Jack with the cable to the computer, the PICAXE programmin editor recognise the microcontroller 18M2 but when I try to programme and pass the information to the 18M2 gives me an error. The error says that can be a problem with the power supply, or maybe the cables aren't connected but I have reviewed it a lot of times and all of this is correct.

I need your help, this is a researching work and I will expose it very soon.

Thanks

nick12ab

It's something really strange as when I connect the Jack with the cable to the computer, the PICAXE programmin editor recognise the microcontroller 18M2
Is this by using the 'Firmware Check' facility? If this works, then the only thing that could prevent a download from starting would be you doing something different or fiddling with the circuit between doing the firmware check and doing the download.

Hello, I have done a RGB LED CUBE 3x3x3 and I have programmed it but I i can't connect the microcontroller 18M2 with the computer.
You can't connect it to the computer? Is it connected or not? Which cable?

but when I try to programme and pass the information to the 18M2 gives me an error. The error says that can be a problem with the power supply, or maybe the cables aren't connected but I have reviewed it a lot of times and all of this is correct.
What error? This one?

If you get a memory verification error instead, then have you seen this thread?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
It is possible for Firmware Check to work but not download, giving hardware not found or verification errors.

The good news is that Firmware Check working confirms download cable installation and configuration is correct and hardware not found can often be resolved by using a Hard Reset.

Because a hardware design may affect downloads it would be worth posting your circuit or trying to re-program on breadboard or a circuit which has only the minimal download connections powered by batteries.

Have you managed to program the 18M2 previously ?

planchibus

Problem with 18M2

It's something really strange as when I connect the Jack with the cable to the computer, the PICAXE programmin editor recognise the microcontroller 18M2 but when I try to programme and pass the information to the 18M2 gives me an error. The error says that can be a problem with the power supply, or maybe the cables aren't connected but I have reviewed it a lot of times and all of this is correct.

I need your help, this is a researching work and I will expose it very soon.

Thanks

Hello. How about?

Turns out I'm having the same problem as you. Did you get it resolved?

Thanks from Spain

westaust55

@planchibus,

Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

Please note that many members here do not return too often once their own problem is resolved.

Did you manage to program your LED cube in the first place?

If you try a firmware check from the programming editor - selection Options/Serial and click on the "CHECK FIRMWARE" button
does the PE find the chip and report the type and version number?

Without your program code listing and a clear description of the extent of the problem we are guessing.
It may be a case that there is a program loop with little spare time for the PICAXE to check if a new program download is to be performed.

Have you tried performing a "Hard Reset"? See here:http://www.picaxe.com/FAQs/Fault-Finding/

The key step is to leave the PICAXE without power, start the download and only once the pop-up window showing the download progress has opened, then apply power to the PICAXE chip.

planchibus

Thank you. I did what you told me and it works.

@planchibus,

Welcome to the PICAXE forum.

Please note that many members here do not return too often once their own problem is resolved.

Did you manage to program your LED cube in the first place?

If you try a firmware check from the programming editor - selection Options/Serial and click on the "CHECK FIRMWARE" button
does the PE find the chip and report the type and version number?

Without your program code listing and a clear description of the extent of the problem we are guessing.
It may be a case that there is a program loop with little spare time for the PICAXE to check if a new program download is to be performed.

Have you tried performing a "Hard Reset"? See here:http://www.picaxe.com/FAQs/Fault-Finding/

The key step is to leave the PICAXE without power, start the download and only once the pop-up window showing the download progress has opened, then apply power to the PICAXE chip.