Editot 5.3.6 and Datalink

Simmicht

Editor 5.3.6 and Datalink

I installed the version 5.3.6 , upgrading from 5.3.3 and every time I ran the software, the data-link (F9) dialog kept popping up. I could not stop it, every second I closed it then it was back after 1 to 2 seconds.
I did have a connected and running PixAce28X2 that was SerTxd(".") every second so could that have caused it?
I disconnected the PixAce28X2, it still happened.
I uninstalled and reinstalled 5.3.6, it still happened.
I rebooted the XP computer, it still happened.
I uninstalled and reinstalled 5.3.6, it still happened still.
I uninstalled 5.3.6 and reinstalled 5.3.3 and all is now happy so I left it at that.

At one point I managed to alter the COM1 to COM2 and then it had a error message informing me that the serial port COM2 was unavailable (which it was as it is used by something else), but the data-link error was gone...

I will try it on one of the other 4 PC I have it on as soon as I can find the time to uninstall, reinstall.

When i initially upgraded, I did try to uninstall the 5.3.3 via add/remove programs by the Programming Editor was hung in the background and the uninstall stopped, halted and got a bit messy.

Is this an issue with 5.3.6 or just me?

Last edited:

westaust55

I have recently upgraded 2 of 4 machine I have the PE installed on.

No problems with the latest V5.3.6 for me.

Are you sure the F9 key is not stuck down?

Last edited:

Simmicht

F9 is not stuck and that would still cause problems with 5.3.3 yes?
If technical have not come across it as yet, then I will take it as an issue on my machine.

I will try it on another machine.