Editor on Win 3.1 ?

I have an elderly laptop that runs Windows 3.1. It has a 200 Meg hard drive so I have no intentions of attempting to fit Win98 on it.
Will the Program Editor work with Win3.1 and 4 Meg of RAM ?
If so, is there any way of installing just the Programming Editor without the supporting PDF files(which I have on my desktop PC). With such a tiny hard drive on my trusty old laptop, installing it all then deleting the PDFs only, afterwards is not an option ?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Nothing on the Rev-Ed site suggests the software will work with anything below Win 95.

It is possible to install and use Win 98SE on a PC with just 200MB HDD, and there is free and commercial software to help this process ...

http://www.litepc.com/98lite.html and 98micro looks good, but I've not used that.

Your small RAM and CPU type may be greater limitations, and may prevent Win 98 installing. It may be more practical to upgrade to Windows 95 - 386DX, 4MB RAM, 50MB HDD.

Looking at what is installed, there's 15MB or so of .PDF, .WAV and other files which <i>could </i> be stripped out after an installation. It may be possible to install on a desktop PC and then copy the files you want over, but there could be some challenges along the way.