Dorji 7020 GFSK transceiver - Stan possibly ?

manie

I would like to get this transceiver here in South Africa. However I do not think there is a dealer here . What is the price (US dollar) of this unit and also of the smaller ASK receiver and ASK transmitter modules ?

Anybody that can help .......?

Edit:

I want to work with TRUE serial, (Hserout) between Picaxes. The ERF units use "N...." signals, can I use an ERF with a 323 chip invert in between ?

Manie

Last edited:

Goeytex

Hi Mannie,

If you must have this exact model. Your best bet is to contact Mark Yao, at Dorji.com using the "Contact Us". link. Maybe he can add a listing for you on EBAY and do the free shipping like with the others. But I am not sure how well shipping from China to South Africa works. You may have to pay extra for shipping. Dorji no longer shows this module on it main products page, so it might have been deprecated. So contact them and ask.

There are three versions of the Dorji 7020. DRF7020D13, DRF7020D20 DRF7020D27. The number after the "D" is the power output in dBm.

Why is it that you want this particular module vs one that is more commonly available?

Dorji has the a pair of DRF4463D20-043A2 modules listed on EBAY for $33.99 US. Which is a really good price and these will generally outperform the DRF7020D20.

Last edited:

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
I want to work with TRUE serial, (Hserout) between Picaxes. The ERF units use "N...." signals, can I use an ERF with a 323 chip invert in between ?
The special PICAXE firmware version ERF uses N (to support PICAXE programming) , however the default ciesco version uses T.

manuka

Manie: My "7020" experiences date from some years back, so I'm a tad rusty on their specs. Check here & here for background. I recall their RF engine being AD (Analog Devices) & a general industry preference for SiLab has since emerged. Superior offerings hence probably now abound,although perhaps with steeper learning curves.

Wiltronics,the Australian PICAXE agent is/was handling the 7020 at ~US$20 each (+p&p). However I may still have a few here if you really want them. Swap you for Nederburg!

I continually stress the need to START SIMPLY with wireless data, so am glad you're considering ASK modules! For easy 433MHz setups & proof of concept you really can't beat Dorji's ASK cheapies,which sell for ~US$3-5 each.

Although these have been going strong for a good 3 years, Dorji ASK module upgrades have apparently just been released. Their new DRA887RX ASK receiver is a compact 8 pinner, based on a DIA90C RFIC. A companion transmitter however may be now too powerful for local 10-25mW regs...

I've no experiences with the DRA887RX myself yet,but have speculated it's RF engine (as below), so best see Dorji's news pages . Stan.

Attachments

Last edited:

manie

Goeytex,Technical and Stan - Thanks for responses, Stan thanks for links to your write-ups etc.....

I will look on the web at ciesco etc for data.

Edit:
That must be CISCO (not ciesco) technical ?