DIPTRACE Update includes PICAXE Parts

Mycroft2152

For those PICAXErs using DIPTRACE to create schematics and pcbs, DIPTRACE PCB has just published an upgrade to version 2.0

This upgrade includes 8000+ new parts including all the PICAXE chips. Even some that are not yet available yet. :)

Attached is a pdf of the schematic symbols.

Myc

Attachments

kevrus

Is Diptrace easy to learn and use? I use PCB wizard at the moment, but it doesn't have a surface mount library or picaxe in the schematics

Mycroft2152

Is Diptrace easy to learn and use? I use PCB wizard at the moment, but it doesn't have a surface mount library or picaxe in the schematics
K,

DIPTRACE is very easy to learn, it is very intutive and has a windows based command structure.

You can download a free version that allows 2 layer boards and up to 250 pins at www.diptrace.com; which is more than enough for most PICAXE projects.

If you need a larger version, there are others including a 1000 pin 4 layer version at an non-profit educational discount.

Myc

I guess I should also mention the PICAXE library I posted a while back that has more graphical schematic symbols and larger pads for homebrew pcbs. Just do a forum search on DIPTRACE. there actaully has been a fair number of posts.

manie

Is this typical from Diptrace ? "ALL" Picaxe parts but NOT the 40x1 ?? Look at the converstaion going on at their forum... However, I use Diptrace and find it VERY EASY to learn and use nonetheless. Hope one dat "ALL" will really mean just that..... ALL !
Manie

westaust55

Diptrace V2

Looks like time for me to download the latest version.

Thanks Mycroft for the notice.

Might make some of our past library elements files uploaded to this forum obsolete

westaust55

Is this typical from Diptrace ? "ALL" Picaxe parts but NOT the 40x1 ?? Look at the converstaion going on at their forum... However, I use Diptrace and find it VERY EASY to learn and use nonetheless. Hope one dat "ALL" will really mean just that..... ALL !
Manie
Unfortunately DIPTRACE V2.0.02 does not include the 40X, 4X1 or forthcoming 40X2 parts. :(
but libraries already in existence from Mycroft and myself have some of these albeit not the same detail format) :)

Nor is the new 18M included in the new version of DIPTRACE. The old 18A and the 18X are included in the DIPTRACE libraries. So could use the 18A for the 18M but note that the physical chip leg for OUTPUT 0 is also used for Infrout (Infra-red output).

When introduced to DIPTRAVE (V1.5) here by Mycroft, I found it easy to create new chips and later PCB layouts so those using the 18M could easily create their own new PICAXE-18M using the 18A as a starting point.

SilentScreamer

I've juts downloaded DIPTRACE and love it. One question tough, is there any keypads in the default libraries? Else does anyone know of any libraries containing one? I've tried searching but found nothing.

EDIT: Also the same question with a resonator.

Last edited:

westaust55

I've juts downloaded DIPTRACE and love it. One question tough, is there any keypads in the default libraries? Else does anyone know of any libraries containing one? I've tried searching but found nothing.

EDIT: Also the same question with a resonator.
Not sure about keypads but do not think so.

For resonators, look at Mycrofts add in library at post 2 here:
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=10576

plus some addiitonal IC's etc as parts in a library I created in the same thread.

manie

How would I download and then introduce these forum libraries into Diptrace ? Tried to once but could not "link" them to Diptrace...
Manie

westaust55

Thanks, I'll have to make the keypad myself. I'll post it on that thread once I have.
A thought.

If the keypad you are considering is similar to those I have used there are 10 pads in a line but only the centre 8 are in fact used.

You could consider the pad layout for an 8 or 10 way single-in-line header.

SilentScreamer

A thought.

If the keypad you are considering is similar to those I have used there are 10 pads in a line but only the centre 8 are in fact used.

You could consider the pad layout for an 8 or 10 way single-in-line header.
Depending on how much time I have I may make one with the buttons (like the LCD displays are) from the datasheet else I'll do like I did before and use a 7 pin SIL connection.

westaust55

DIPTRACE additional libraries by Mycroft and Westaust

How would I download and then introduce these forum libraries into Diptrace ? Tried to once but could not "link" them to Diptrace...
Manie

Manie,

No "linking" is required.

Dowload the files from the posts in the DIPTRACE thread I referenced.
As mentioned in Mycroft's and my posts therein, change the file extensions.

Copy the files to the Diptrace directory. Typically:
C:\Program Files\DipTrace\Lib

Then when you go into the DIPTRACE Schematics editor scroll with the scroll buttons or scroll bar at the top of the schematic page.
You should see:
myc's Library
and
Westaust Add-in (unfortunately made the title of mine a little too long :rolleyes: and you might only see "estaust Add-")

SilentScreamer

Alternatively download both (lib and eli) files and rename them accordingly. Then go to libary>libary setup. Then click the add button