DHT22 sensor - I REALLY NEED HELP HERE !

manie

Thanks Technical

Did not think "Arduino" sensors would feature here.
In the past I have used the Honeywell sensor from Rev-Ed........... In the future I will do so again albeit a bit pricier than this DHT22 sensor.

I thought I will give it a go since it is cheaper but then I did not know about the external resonator and the timing of the read and the.......
So in future, and after reading this EXTENDED write-up on this digital sensor, it is back to the HIH4000 and good ol' analogue reading of voltages.

At least it is a sensor I know, that Rev-Ed supports, and you know what ? IT WORKS WELL !!!!

manie

Thanks everyone for the replies, just as I have asked. The way I see it, life is too short to burden oneself
with things like the DHT22 (or 11). The Honeywell HIH4000 might be pricier than the DHT22 sensor but
I have used it a lot in the past, it seems to be accurate, is easy to use and interfaces directly with the
Picaxe. So, I think I will stick with it for now. It works well for me and I wont change from Picaxe now
to Arduino or so. I will consider the (ZAR) R 145.00 (which is roughly 8.50 Pound) an expensive lesson in impulse buying.
A lesson well learnt...........

Thanks.