Debug window and Terminal program problem, or can I use breakpoints?

RadioBob

With a PicAXE 08M2 version 4A, I am unable to get both a Debug window and Terminal window to load. I wanted to use the terminal program to control stopping to examine the debug window, then send a char to serrxd to let the program continue on (sort of like breakpoints which I believe only work in the simulation), and the program is FAR to large and complex to simulate (778 bytes of complex instructions plus 100 bytes EEPROM data). Any suggestions? Can breakpoints be set while running the program, or is there any way to stop execution of the program when it hits a debug command? In fact, I have to connect + voltage while the editor attempts to download program or it just hangs with a download failure. I CAN live with that, but it is a bit of a nuisance!

Goeytex

Terminal and Debug cannot be used at the same time as two applications/ processes cannot generally share the same com port. However .... Instead of using serrxd you could use serin on different pin and receive your data from a terminal program such as Hercules (Free From HW Group) using a different com port. You will need two com ports to do this.

You could also set up a switch generated interrupt and put a very long pause after the debug commands. To stop the pause and move on , press the switch. Then the interrupt sub routine will return program flow to the next command after the long pause.

Last edited: