Debug problem

chrismcl

Hi

When I use the debug command, I get output to the debug window on the PC first time the program runs after a program download. When I restart the PICAXE program by powering the circuit down and back up, the debug command no longer outputs to the debug window. Am I missing something?

chrismcl

I leave the debug window open from the first (successful) debug. When I repower the circuit and the program runs, there is no debug output to the open debug window.

chrismcl

I had a bit of a think about the problem and realized that I was using a variable name after the debug command. After removing the variable name it is working properly.
Thanks for your input sghioto.

Chris

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I had a bit of a think about the problem and realized that I was using a variable name after the debug command. After removing the variable name it is working properly.
That's odd, it shouldn't make any difference. The ability to add a variable is for historical compatibility; the code generated should be the same and the entire variable space updated whether a variable is given or not.

Which PICAXE type are you using ?

chrismcl

Hi Hippy

18X.

I am pretty sure that was the only thing I changed to get debug working. If you want me to, I can put it back in again and see if I can repeat the problem.