Dead 18Xs?

GDSever

Since upgrading to the new version of the software, I am having significant issues trying to connect to my 18X chips. I am concerned that they may even be dead.

A firmware check confirms that they are 18Xs with Firmware version 8.6, however when I try to "Clear hardware memory" I get an error that says:

"Error - Memory verification failed (byte 255)"

I have checked all of the possibilities - and can connect to a 28X just fine (from the same power supply), and I pulled the 18Xs out of the breadboards and put them into the 18X protoboard to make sure it wasn't my circuit, but the same error occurs.

Does anyone have any ideas? Two dead chips (that were working just fine when last checked two weeks ago)? Or a software conflict with 5.1.3?

GDSever

OK... so I actually chose to "Run" a blank program, and it seemed to connect and download a blank program (which is essentially the same thing as "Clear hardware memory"...) so is it a chip issue or a software issue?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Looks like software, I'm seeing the same problem ( 18X 8.1 + 5.1.3 ). It's worthwhile filing a report in the Software feedback forum where it will be more noticeable to Technical.

GDSever

Thank goodness it is not just me or my chips. I felt like I was going crazy.

I think my children heard many new colorful words this morning when I was dealing with this. :-\