Custom not so chunky models

tiscando

It seems that many commonly used models are larger than neccessary. For example, the resistor model, and the logic gate models.

Here, in the attachment 'small size models', from left to right: there is a picaxe download circuit; a shortened resistor (as short as the capacitor model), and an elec. capacitor with a + added on the + lead, so that you know exactly where the + and - side is (I used to have doubt); a line of 74HC series logic ICs with their unneccessary extra size cut off (and also added a schmitt-trigger symbol on schmitt-trigger input types)

To add these devices to the library, download and open small size models.dsn, right click on the model, select 'make device', don't need to change any settings apart from check that it will save in the userdvc library, so quickly click on 'next' many times, and then click finish.

To save time deleting the logic devices from the selector, I've also included the 'picaxe template plain'. Simply download this, and every time you're going to create another picaxe-based project, load this dsn file, and remember to save it as a different filename.
I didn't save the picaxe template as an actual template file, because it doesn't save the download circuit inside, and I can't attach this type of file onto the forum.

Attachments

Last edited: