Convert Basic To assembler ?

Chris DeHut

Hi All,

This function of the editor is very interesting to me. I have always wanted to work in assembler, but never took the time to learn it/use it.

I would like to tinker and learn using this feature as it can convert BASIC to Assmebler - a great side-by-side comparison and learning tool.

I also understand I will need a PIC programmer to get the code into the chips - I pretty much understand that too. However, what I don't understand is what chips the assembly code will work in?

I am guessing that it will only run in the same PIC chips as the PICAXE chips but don't know.

THANKS!

Chris

ylp88

12F629 (08)
16F84A (18)
16F627 (18)
16F819 (18A)
16F872 (28)

Create a "dud" program and then select the "Convert Basic to Assembler" option, and it will come up with a menu. You can access this screen even without a programmer.

<b><i>ylp88 </b> </i>

Chris DeHut

Thanks guys,

Hmmm, it appears as though I HAVE to use the Rev-Ed programmer to do this. I looked over this site and could not find it, am I missing something or confused about something?

Chris

MartinM57

http://www.techsupplies.co.uk/cgi-bin/techsupplies.storefront/439d7d90046b3278273fc2c98abb0741/Catalog/1037
???

I'm sort of interested in this as well - but want to program a 16F877A (Picaxe-40X)

How would I go about that?