compilation error

jyb

hi everybody
i just downloaded the last version of PE v5.4.2
i was translating and adapting a little prog from picaxe 20X2 to 20M2the first one (20x2) runs correctly but the second (M2) after change some commands and statments like put/get to table/readtable etc a
testing that step by step by syntax button i got an issue at least abnormal
compiler find an error on first line of header (;******************)
i delete the line and get same error on the following line ,and so on for following lines

somebody could say what i done wrong?

joined here my prog translated for 20X2 and 20M2

Attachments

nick12ab

On the M2 one I get a syntax error on line 85.

The reason is that the dig operator is only available on the X1 and X2 PICAXE ranges and not the M2 range.

jyb

you are right nick12ab,
i get like you this error but letting this for a later solution i eliminate the error by cancelling the dig part command and run to the next compiling error , i do so on for each error , noting it for later.
doing this , i reach to an error which is "abnormal" in that it show the first line of the file header which is a comment line , and if i delete this line, the compiler display the following comment line....bug or not bug ????
please try what i said ,may be you find like me and understand what's happens ?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
i got an issue at least abnormal
compiler find an error on first line of header (;******************)
i delete the line and get same error on the following line ,and so on for following lines

somebody could say what i done wrong?
Sometimes the compiler knows there is an error but cannot indicate where that error is so you have to read the error message. Was it "Error: Start0 label must be at start of program!" by any chance ?

jyb

to hippy

it's okay now but the reason i can't understand is that i had selected french language for error messages and they are not same as english version !!

thanks a lot
jyb

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
it's okay now but the reason i can't understand is that i had selected french language for error messages and they are not same as english version !!
Thanks for the clarification and we will investigate the issue.