community groups

rob nash

hello all,
looking over the "picaxe community" web space we have groups My Question whats that about is like a chat room and links or like an open arena where members share progs,ideas,pics, i know even less about forum sites than a picaxe which is begining to stick in the grey matter , pros and cons to the groups "Why aren't we got a little bots or radio groups,data transmisson".

Jamster

How do you mean? If you want to know how to then on the nav bar at the top click blogs... The only blogged things I have are a series of games for a 20X2, 20x4 LCD and a keyboard.

I would have thought It would be more popular. Jamster

rob nash

Hi
What am trying to get at is we have a place within the forum tht could be used to share,develop ideas ect, But there appears to be little use of them as yet or new groups are not puplic?.
Has anyone started a group and can you post code with in tht space “am gonna start one find out”

Your blogs are a great start jamster ,but your code appears to be only the header”title” of a game?

Jamster

I like that Idea, but currently I think you will just have to use the Active forum....

So they are, not sure what's happened, will look in to it. Thanks.

EDIT: Code is in the post, just dosn't appear... Hippy? Techical?

Jamster

Last edited:

westaust55

#jamster " u have started bloggs?"
which bit?
Since BLOGGS are mentioned and I admit I find myself confused as to the intent, please keep in mind the intent of the Bloggs area as stated by Technical:
As part of our ongoing website improvements we are pleased to announce that user PICAXE project blogs are now available.

The blog feature is primarily designed to allow users to document their PICAXE project developments. It uses an interface very similar to the forum, so should not be that difficult for new users to get to grips with. Naturally you can post images, schematics, project code and video links. Please keep them PICAXE related!

Simply click 'Blogs' in the navigation bar above to get started.
Refer: http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?19032

For completed/ Finished projects there is the corresponding area:
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?34-Finished-User-PICAXE-Projects
with sections for:
  • Robots,
  • Audio/Visual,
  • Communications,
  • Miscellaneous, and
  • Code Snippets

Last edited:

rob nash

hi
Thanks for the reply westaust55 i started a group " I made it bots" One member so far "maybe a lonely group" to test the functions within the groups, It looks as if we can post pics and chat but did'nt see where to post code like we can in the forum ie within a box. Am also have trouble posting pics Can anyone explain how to upload insert a picture within a disscussions"say the picture on my hard drive where do i find the Url tht am prompted for?
One more question how do i insert link like westaust55 IR tutorial.

On another note westaust55 last weekend i made IR remote and reciever module for a weekend project, your tutorial on IR was of great help thx

Last edited:

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Since BLOGGS are mentioned and I admit I find myself confused as to the intent, please keep in mind the intent of the Bloggs area as stated by Technical:
Refer: http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?19032
My understanding of it ( though I've never done Blogging or any Social media stuff ) is that these are 'news feed' somewhat like 'Twitter channels' for members to tell us what's on their minds, what they are doing and planning and how their ideas are progressing -

Bought a new TV today and it's not controllable by my Sky digibox remote - Aaaaargh!

Time to decode the IR commands to the TV, set up the Sky remote to send Sony TV codes, use a PICAXE to read those codes and send what is needed to the TV. Wish me luck - I've got just three days in which to get this done!
The Project Gallery is correspondingly a Hackaday or Make style showcase to announce and show the fruition of PICAXE projects -

Had to build a PICAXE interface so my Sky digibox remote could control my TV. Quite simple really; a PICAXE-20X2, IR receiver and an IR LED plus some elbow grease in working out the IR commands to send. Hope you like how it all fits in a matchbox!
The Finished Project section of the forum ( or even external web sites ) would at present seem to be the best place to put full construction details of the project and the like and in the fullness of time Articles will also allow details of how things were achieved, thought through or designed and so on to be published.

It's really providing people with what's been asked for and giving appropriate means to express what's planned, what's been done and how to.

I think it all becomes clearer when you have a project in mind and start to put up details about that. As Technical notes, I believe you can add links, code, pictures and video to the Blogs where appropriate. I expect it will all fall into place for people who have never done such things when they start using them in anger, the idea likely quickly becomes less abstract.

I'm about to embark on that with my first small project since the new site was presented. Can you guess what it is from this post ;-)

rob nash

Hi hippy
I'm about to embark on that with my first small project since the new site was presented. Can you guess what it is from this post ;-)
oOOO anything to do with IR?

The bloggs and community is completely alien to me but i am getting a liking for it added an album three pics to start they can be moved around the forum" which if like me backed up on extenal hard drive then deleted from computer" makes it convinant storage with accesses anytime across the web.

rob nash

hi
well i managed to upload pics,even learn how to wrap a quote"mile stone for me that was"
but still no idea how to create a link to another thread. Could someone explain how to thanks rob

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
Just to put people out of any misery - It's a PICAXE interface to let a Sky digibox remote control Technika/UMC TV volume.

Latest Sky remotes can do that but earlier ones cannot and having to pick up a second remote while channel surfing just to adjust volume was increasingly annoying me.

I could buy a new remote but it's easy to do with a PICAXE and it also means my separate PVR remote can also control TV volume. In fact, any remote which puts out Sony codes could now control the TV.

rob nash

O dam i thought you find a way to graft an 08m2 to a beetle. I did come across your sky remote code before "spellbinding above my understanding but great stuff".

Jamster

Just to put people out of any misery - It's a PICAXE interface to let a Sky digibox remote control Technika/UMC TV volume.

Latest Sky remotes can do that but earlier ones cannot and having to pick up a second remote while channel surfing just to adjust volume was increasingly annoying me.

I could buy a new remote but it's easy to do with a PICAXE and it also means my separate PVR remote can also control TV volume. In fact, any remote which puts out Sony codes could now control the TV.
Thats dissapointing. :( I wanted the remote Ralf Harris...

rob nash

no i've liked the beetle,
jamster
you done the amendes for the games yet,
,please pull the gramar

"dissapointing are u sure"

Last edited:

Dippy

Eh? I've been reading this with interest and amusement, but I cannot understand the last post (No.19 not any musical reference) at all.
Can someone explain please."please pull the gramar" - what does that mean?

Last edited:

inglewoodpete

Eh? I've been reading this with interest and amusement, but I cannot understand the last post (No.19 not any musical reference) at all.
Oh, Dippy. You're showing your age.

So am I.

westaust55

By the "beetle" ref, maybe confusing Rolf Harris with Ringo Starr.

related to the comment in post 2 I suggest.

Last edited:

Jamster

Note on blogs: If you wan't to view the games you need to press "Read More", it seems to snip down the post and annoyingly cuts off in the middle of the code...