can i hack keyboard for

rigidigital

Could I hack a spare wireless keyboard(it is Laser sub $20) to toggle switch some flight controls. and what type of toggle switch would simulate a keypress when turned off or on ?

Dippy

Could I hack a spare wireless keyboard(it is Laser sub $20) to toggle switch some flight controls. and what type of toggle switch would simulate a keypress when turned off or on ?
I dunno.... could you?

Seriously though, post some details,links data as my wireless crystal ball is being jammed by one of Stan's low cost transmitters :)

rigidigital

1)haa haa, you shouldn't try to be funny Dippy:)

2)yes im dumb.

3)I am still using the keyboard, some keys dont work as I spilt tea with sugar and milk on it awile ago. same goes for laptop :( buying another keyboard finally today.

4) I believe it has soft white rubber under keys hence lack of tactile feel. my hands have no feeling anyway after spinbal accident Nov last year. keyboard i guess is pretty standard except for 24 extra windows maybe mac keys

5) only want to toggle a dozen keys

Thats all i can think of for details right now, im off to tutor wiundows and Mac pray for my tutee, a little bit of knowlege is dangerous,

and thx for your reply. and erco, sorry sorry, I had trble logging in got the image wrong twice then just made another account and got it right.

6) How do i find the other thread, yes im serious ......

Mike.

rigidigital

edit.... previous user name is invalid kue ?

sorry erco.... you provided the link :)

edit thrid time... ahhh yes you are right I have been caught out. didnt have notifications turned on thought i had no luck with other forum.

erco

Instead of hacking, just use a stock PS/2 keyboard and read it with a PicAxe. It has a hardware routine built in, all the hard work is done for you already.