Can 2 Picaxe 28x2 chips be joined to a single i2c bus memory chip?

Chipchat

I am hoping someone can advise me whether 2 Picaxe 28x2 chips can both work as "master" chips on an i2c bus with an EEPROM memory chip.
I want the first one to be writing a single word of data to the memory chip frequently (approx 250 times per second)
The second one needs to read this data maybe 10 times per second and then process it.

Is this going to be possible please?

Many thanks for any assistance you are able to give.

oracacle

you can only have a single master per i2c bus on the Picaxe system. however you do know that you can write data directly to to a slave 28x2.

you would need to set the one that reads 10 time a second to be the slave, and the one doing the writing to be the master. the master would write the data be defult to the slave scratch pad, the slave than need to retrieve it by using the get command to move that data to a variable of you choosing.

you will need to use i2csetup commend to set the slave, page 76 of manual 2 should help

if push come to shove you could make them swap mastes, but it complicated really quick

Chipchat

Thanks very much for your suggestion Oracacle, that sounds a very sensible way to tackle the problem.
I will give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Really helpful, thanks :)