Burglary Peterborough

1968neil

Hi Folk's,

Probably not the best place to post this but here goes.
My garage was broken into Tues 4th Feb 2015 and cleaned out. Peterborough U.K
All my programming kit boards and test gear.
My garage also contained my recording studio (most expensive of the items)
the following is a list of the items taken of most importance.

if anyone is offered this equipment please contact me via P.M or contact Peterborough Police on 01733 101

1 x Roland JV1080 Synthesizer Module with drum expansion board
1 x Behringer V amp Pro Guitar Processor
1 x Behringer Ultradyne DSP9024 Mastering module
1 x Studiomaster Diamond 16/2 Mixing Desk
1 x Tascam CD160 Rack mount CD Player
1 x Marantz DV4000 Rackmount DVD Player
1 x Korg DTR1 Rackmount Chromatic Tuner
1 x Samsung 8mm Camcorder
1 x Samsung Galaxy 9.0 Tablet
1 x Erbauer Circular Saw
1 x Erbauer Plunge router
1 x Black and decker hammer drill
1 x Bosch Jigsaw

Regards
1968Neil :(

grim_reaper

Sorry to hear that Neil. I'll keep an eye out for things on the black market when I'm out tonight!

(In case you didn't guess, I'm also in Peterborough..)

techElder

In the USA, I've noticed that a lot of these burglaries are conducted by folks or those known by folks that have actually visited the site burglarized. Just sayin' ...

premelec

Sorry about that - several recoveries have been made where I live watching Craigslist and Ebay and Facebook - the joys of promiscuous posts! good luck...

Pongo

i was one of a few in the same street so seems random ?
With all that nice gear it would be a very lucky burglar who hit on it by chance. I feel your pain, I had a bunch of tools stolen from my garage and the rat also drained both gas tanks of the pickup truck that was in there.

westaust55

Anothe unfortunate aspect to home burglary is that the thieves know the victims will soon replace the stolen goods so giving time for home/contents insurance to come through and new items purchased they may later pay another visit.

Sorry, but it's a sad fact of life - so ensure that your security is good before replacement.

inglewoodpete

I also understand the distress of the invasion of your space and theft of your property.

From what I've learned over my years is that the best preventative measure is 1. discouraging entry and then 2. blocking entry. Relatively cheap movement-sensitive lighting and recording (where the record medium is separated from the cameras) are my first choice. This gives you a chance to record someone casing the property and possibly discouraging them when they know that they have been recorded - a whirring camera panning motor will often help them to look elsewhere.

I don't know much about music studio equipment but I imagine it will be relatively hard to hide and harder to sell on the black market.

1968neil

Thanks for all the replies folks, Camera system goes in tomorrow and i have decided an upgrade to the alarm system of the canine variety !
Have contacted all the second hand user outlets with a list of gear and serial numbers so may turn up something and ebay alerts are set up.
Can live in hope eh !

Best Regards
Neil

binary1248

Camera system goes in tomorrow
If possible, set some cameras that can't be seen (hidden camera) and make sure the recorder can't be located by the burglars. Otherwise the cameras will be disabled and the recorder will be gone.

Last edited:

The bear

Hi Neil,
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Canines are easily put out of action, ask the police and your insurer.

On a lighter note, is a bear any use, they are prone to sleeping on the job if its very cold.

Regards, Bear..

bfgstew

Sorry to hear of the break-in, hope you find your stuff and the miscrients who did it.

Canines are easily put out of action

Not if they are trained not to bark, just pounce on intruders!
My brother had 2 Rhodesian Ridgeback/Rottweiller crosses, they were nicknamed the silent assasins, and yes they did the job properly and efficiently. They had to whilst they lived in South Africa.