buggy robot

vcabanillas

could somebody tell me what CF1K stand for in the buggy robot?
i'd like to have a detailed schematic of the buggy robot,(picaxe 18 no resonator,including the infrared led) please?

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I'm guessing this is the MOD001 / CHI007 "Buggy". There's a circuit diagram in the CHI007.PDF but not sure what "CF1K" is - can you tell us where that reference comes from ?

vcabanillas

cf1k is a component that comes from the serial input of the picaxe 18(pin 3)and looks like is going to the vcc,

i tried to send a diagramm but i couldn't using paint
let me explain this way

the serial in that comes from the pc,when attach to the buggy has a 10k resistor which goes to he ground and a serial resistor of 22k that goes to the pin 3 of the picaxe.
between pin 3 and vcc there is a component that reads cf1k(is like a voltage divider like this vcc, fc1k (pin3).22k,and 10k (ground)
hippy you are right about the guessing is the same circuit that you guess, but i found same mistakes in the pdf graph

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Is this component a small, something like 5 x 5 x 3 mm, 'square plastic box', coloured yellow, or perhaps red or blue ?

If so I would suspect that it's one of the decoupling capacitors which are placed across Vcc and 0V.

vcabanillas

vcc
|
|

?? empty space that is written cf1k on the board

in |
-----/\/\/\---.-- pin 3 of the picaxe
|
\
/
\ 10k
/
|
ground
maybe means like a current forward resistor of 1k?

Last edited:

vcabanillas

hippy , its the chi007, the resistor is 1k, i soldered , but now i have in pin 3 , 4.23 volts, because this resistor goes straight to vcc,the robot stop working doen't move anymore because of this voltage, but my laptop recognise the picaxe and gives me the version also, the only thing is that i can't download anything. i suppose this voltage is to much

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I do not know what "cf1k" is meant to be but if it links Vcc and Pin 3 of an 18-pin PICAXE then you do not want a resistor there or anything else (*) and that is probably why nothing is fitted on the board.

I will see if I can identify what "cf1k" is - if anyone has a PICAXE "buggy" to hand and/or can identify this "cf1k" feel free to chip in.

If this is a continuation of the problems downloading I don't think the "cf1k" issue is related ...

http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16113 - programming
http://www.picaxeforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=15902 - byte 0

IF you are still using a home made cable I would recommend using an official AXE027 USB-to-serial cable.

(*) a diode with cathode to Vcc would be okay but not likely necessary.

vcabanillas

when i bougth the buggy robot the instruction says to put a resisor there.
with the resistor in that position the picaxe is recognised,but i can't download.
whitout the resistor the buggy follows the programmed program.