BUG REPORT: Stepping through simulation (PE 6.0.6.4)

grim_reaper

I'm not quite sure what I changed to get this to happen; I did a massive amount of offline coding today, and didn't notice this until I got home and loaded up a chip.
Basically, the stepping through code line-by-line is getting very confused about displaying which line is being executed.
It looks to be off by a varying amount in each subroutine, so I can't put my finger on a pattern I'm afraid.

One major thing I did do today was add multiple #Region statements, so maybe that's throwing it off?

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
Reports like this are only really useful to us if you also email through to us the sample program with the issue so that we can try it out. Thanks.

grim_reaper

OK, I'll try and get round to doing that. As I said, I changed a lot of things, so I'll have to get the problem re-producible first.
Shouldn't take too long... :D

David Crocombe

Nesting Regions

I have noticed that the line numbers reported in the Syntax check results and the Code Explorer (Labels) can be wrong.

At present I notice they are reporting the line before the actual line in question.

So an error on line 373 for example will be reported as being on line 372, and the screen will scroll to have the faulty line just off the bottom of the screen.

I am running PE 6.0.6.4.

I inserted a label near the top and some labels went to the right line number but later label line numbers are still off.

It appears to be an issue with trying to nest the Regions. It occurs after issue a second #REGION before close off the first region with its #ENDREGION.

Regards,
David Crocombe.

Last edited: