"bitbanging" IR remotes

Bloody-orc

How could i "bitbang" remote control data? i would like to connect a remote to picaxe using ELRIM sensor but i have no sharp remotes. i know that i cant use serin to do the job, can I?

Also do universal remotes qualify as sharp remotes? can i use infrain when using universal remote?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Not sure what an ELRIM sensor is, but according to ...

http://www.xs4all.nl/~sbp/knowledge/ir/sharp.htm

The Sharp IR is modulated at 38kHz, which is compatible with the standard PICAXE IR sensor, TOPS18, so your sensor should be able to receive Sony IR as well.

Bloody-orc

ELRIM is this TSOP something type IR reciever at 38 modulation. and i want to control my picaxe with a remote control (like i want it to pull a pin high with one remote button and another on different button etc.)

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
I'm confused - So why do you need a Sharp remote control ? Or is that a typo for Sony ?

INFRAIN reads Sony codes. Most universal controls should generate Sony IR.

manuka

A BIG YES! This IR data whole field is now almost a doodle as the 08M has virtually redefined simple IR sending and receiving. It's ability to handle the 128 extended SONY IR codes (INFRAIN2) put it ahead of even the 18X.

Read the manual .pdf P.31-36

Michael 2727

If you want to try this also, it's a slightly
unusual way to do it but has some merritt.
<A href='http://porepunkahps.vic.edu.au/home/jef01/files/display/' Target=_Blank>External Web Link</a>

Pseudo-Infrain2-Infraout.txt

G

The misuse of this forum has been advised to this youngsters school (traced via their IP address). Their IT coordinator is investigating.

Edited by - Admin on 27/03/2006 16:38:37

Bloody-orc

what do you mean by that? you think i'm a student who is not doing his homework? if so then you are far from being right.

Dippy

Don't get paranoid B-Orc. They're not talking about you - something unsavoury happened earlier... whilst you were doing your homework.