Basic Stamp to Picaxe code convertor

Marcwolf

Hi.
Ok - I'm a lazy bugger and was wondering if there was a simple utility to convert Basic Stamo basic to Picaxe basic to save me doing lots of cuts and pastes/replaces

Many thanks
Dave

westaust55

BS to PICAXE BASIC program converter

I am not aware of such a converter.

You could always try and write your own to enable you to be lazier at a future time :)

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
There's nothing I know of apart from treating the forum as such a utility, post the code and wait for some mug / kind hearted soul to do the work for you :)

There are some programs and command line tools which can apply global replace which might make things easier.

Morrolan

Best way to do it that I've found - copy, replace. By the time you ask on this forum, wait for a response, investigate any said solutions etc, you could have easily converted 2kb of code.

Best way to do it is paste basic stamp code in the Programming Editor, then run a syntax check. Fix the first error, syntax check, and so on.

The obvious differences are the way variables are declared and pins are set. Once you've done that, the rest is fairly identical.

Regards,
Morrolan

Marcwolf

Hi guys
Thanks for the respponse. I've converted code by hand before so I have no issue with that. I was just wondering if there was a utility out there.

Parallex has a little module called "Say It' which is a rebadged VrBot voice recognotion module. Hence my wanting to do a quick changeover to PicAxe code.

Many thanks
Dave