AXE090 circuit diagram - where?

rodelu

Hi everyone,

I just bought a kit and a book from a company in Calgary hoping to get started learning about the Picaxe.

I already put the kit together, it's a AXE090 - does anybody know where I can get a circuit diagram for it?

Thanks.

premelec

Go to the top of this forum - click on "Datasheets" get AXE090.PDF file - should help out.... there's lots of documentation if you poke around! Go luck and have fun....

rodelu

re: AXE090 circuit diagram - where?

What I found in the datasheet section of this forum is the same as what came with my kit. I was hoping for a complete cct diagram if there is such a thing :) I just feel it would help me visualize the board better. I could draw it out but I'm a bit lazy for that :)

Thanks for the info.

moxhamj

One can sort of reverse engineer the circuit diagram as it is in pieces. The regulator is just an input of whatever volts and an output of 5V and it looks like there are a couple of capacitors which is the standard way of doing things. The download circuits are in the datasheet manual (22k and 10k resistors) and pullup resistors for the bigger chips for reset and a resonator for the 28X. The schematic for each IC is in the datasheet. The leds are just leds and resistors as per the data sheet. The switches are also in the datasheet. The LDR is in the datasheet. The trimpot doesn't look like it is in the datasheet but I would bet one end is connected to 5V, one to 0V and the middle is the variable voltage which will be at one of the pins. Hope this helps. Try running an 08M and flashing a led- that is a simple circuit. Move up to the bigger chips later.

Oh, yes and breadboards - the top two rows and bottom two rows run horizontally and are all connected together (4 rows in total) for power supply. Usually use one at the bottom for ground and the top one for 12V and the second to top row for 5V. The other pins run vertically so if you put in a chip then you get 4 holes above each pin on the top row and 4 holes below each pin - all connected together.

Last edited:

rodelu

Thanks.

Thank you Mr Acula:p

Will have to wait till the weekend to try the board out.
Damn job gets in the way!