Axe049 circuit board question

DDJ2011

Hi,

I have an AXE049 board and the Picaxe shop link here says it has:
"Solder pads to allow a piezo and servo/serial LCD to be added".

In the attached diagram (ripped from the AXE049 pdf - sorry!) I think I need to connect my AXE133Y to the solder points in the circled area (0v, Out7, V+) rather than one of the 4 pairs of +/- points in the other highlighted area. Is this correct?

Follow up question is how do I address this port? The chip on board is an 18M2 and although the circuit board suggests output 7 (ie it says Out7 on the board itself) I think I need to address it as either pinB.7 or pinC.7

Hopefully this will be a quick one for someone to help with!

Many thanks,

DDJ

Attachments

nick12ab

I have an AXE049 board and the Picaxe shop link here says it has:
"Solder pads to allow a piezo and servo/serial LCD to be added".

In the attached diagram (ripped from the AXE049 pdf - sorry!) I think I need to connect my AXE133Y to the solder points in the circled area (0v, Out7, V+) rather than one of the 4 pairs of +/- points in the other highlighted area. Is this correct?
Yes, you connect the serial LCD to the circled three pad connector.

Follow up question is how do I address this port? The chip on board is an 18M2 and although the circuit board suggests output 7 (ie it says Out7 on the board itself) I think I need to address it as either pinB.7 or pinC.7
The pins known as outputs on the pre-M2 parts are now portB on the M2 parts and the inputs are portC. So Out7 is pinB.7.