Axe033 trouble, beginner.

Jarubell

I'm starting to play with an Axe033 and I believe I have successfully connected it to a 20X2 PICAXE. Following the literature that came with it, loaded the test program (Hello!123), it worked. Than successfully loaded the sample program to load predefined messages, Player 1 and 2 as per instructions, and then the following program to display them.

My troubles start with the sample program combining predefined messages and variables. I copied the program out of the book then when it starts running on the PICAXE and Axe033 it works for the beginning then the "Player 2=" part just displays "THIS IS MESSAGE6" and on the first line, "Player 1=" appears and disappears and the number that follows displays some numbers combine with symbols.

Code:
init:

pause 500

main:

serout 7,n2400,(1)
pause 10
serout 7,n2400,(254,137,#b1,"  ")
serout 7,n2400,(2)
pause 10
serout 7,n2400,(254,201,#b2,"  ")
let b1=b1+1
let b2=b2+2
pause 500

goto main
Am I doing something wrong?

James

inglewoodpete

....My troubles start with the sample program combining predefined messages and variables. I copied the program out of the book then when it starts running on the PICAXE and Axe033 it works for the beginning then the "Player 2=" part just displays "THIS IS MESSAGE6" and on the first line, "Player 1=" appears and disappears and the number that follows displays some numbers combine with symbols.

Code:
init:pause 500

main:serout 7, n2400, (1)
     pause 10
     serout 7, n2400, (254, 137, #b1, "  ")
     serout 7, n2400, (2)
     pause 10
     serout 7,n2400, (254, 201, #b2, "  ")
     let b1 = b1 + 1
     let b2 = b2 + 2
     pause 500
     goto main
Am I doing something wrong?

James
Have you downloaded the new program to the PICAXE? What you describe has no relationship to the code you posted.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
on the first line, "Player 1=" appears and disappears and the number that follows displays some numbers combine with symbols.
This could be a result of not setting the programmed message to a full 16 characters. Can you post the code which sets the programmed message ?

Jarubell

Inglewoodpete, I did download it to the PICAXE.

Hippy, I will post the code for the predefined messages when I get home but I did read and follow that instructions regarding the spaces required to get to the full 16 characters required.

Westaust55, thank you for that link and I'll be trying that as soon as I get home. I started to think about this chip being to fast and found that command, CALIBFREQ, just was unsure about it.

Thank you all,

James

Jarubell

Started to work as soon as I got to CALIBFREQ -15, so all is well for now. I guess if I'm going to continue using the 20X2 to run my Axe033, I'll have to have that command in place.

Thanks again,

James