AXE027 on XP

crakkers

Hi

I am trying to install the driver software for the AXE027 cable. My system keeps flagging up a security warning and tells me not to install the software as it will make the system unstable. Its a microsoft warning box.

Any ideas?

B

Jamster

Welcome to the Forum!

It should say 'Continue' or 'Run' in one of the buttons, press it. The drivers are safe.
If not, post a picture of the error box with print screen or similar.

Jamster

Jamster

If you want to install the drivers you will need to press Continue Anyway. I'm pretty sure Rev Ed dont have much interest in breaking your computer :)

Last edited:

MPep

That message only means that the software (drivers) have not been sent to M$ for testing. They do in fact work so proceed with installation. You'll be okay. :)

Last edited:

mrburnette

M$ does integration & regression on submitted drivers, but it is not a free service. After drivers are certified, a digital certificate is made available so that the OS installer "knows" the drivers were certified mt Microsoft. Many companies elect to not go the Microsoft route for a variety of reasons.

- Ray
MCSE

IronJungle

I got that error as well when I installed. I trusted rev-ed and hit 'continue'. 45 seconds later my cable worked and I still have money in my on line accounts.

srnet

Hi

I am trying to install the driver software for the AXE027 cable. My system keeps flagging up a security warning and tells me not to install the software as it will make the system unstable. Its a microsoft warning box.

Any ideas?

B
You did read the driver installation instructions ?

Step 4
If a Windows logo testing warning is displayed click
‘Continue Anyway’
Note that the generic FTDI software drivers to be installed during
this process have already passed Windows logo testing. However
due to legal reasons when distributed by a third party (e.g.
Revolution) they cannot currently be marked as passed.