AXE027 and Windows 8 again...

Peterrey

Dear All

I recently upgraded my PICAXE programmer to the latest version, and now I can't get the options to recognise the AXE027. I have tried two different AXE027 cables, both disconnected and connected to what I want to program. Voltages are ok as per the test on both, but the result is the same. I reviewed a post a made some time ago regarding this problem, but this hasn't helped as there are no extra AXE027 entries in windows device manager. All i get on the options/port screen is 'communications port - available' (no AXE027 entry, or if I do it is not available). Is there anyone out there who could possibly give me some extra ideas?

Regards

nick12ab

I recently upgraded my PICAXE programmer to the latest version, and now I can't get the options to recognise the AXE027. I have tried two different AXE027 cables, both disconnected and connected to what I want to program. Voltages are ok as per the test on both, but the result is the same.
What result? What is the problem?

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Upgrading the Programming Editor of itself shouldn't cause any change to the AXE027 device driver installation; they are entirely independent of each other.

Not sure if you are saying Device Manager shows none or one AXE027. It may only show AXE027 when the cable is plugged in.

You could try View -> Options -> Serial Port -> Show Port Help Tools -> Scan for USB cable and see what that says.