Are any Dorji 433 MHz RF modules legal in the USA? and sold in the USA?

I've been reading over older posts in this forum on the use of the Dorji 433MHz modules and they look very attractive, especially because they can use voltage supplies other than exactly 5.0 volts. But I haven't found a source for them in the USA and I've also heard people mention that their output power might be excessive of what's legal in the USA. Anybody know?

Goeytex

There is no USA distributor for Dorji Products. However you can get them direct from Dorji. The problem is that Dorji only uses DHL shipping so the price is not cost effective unless you order multiple items. Contact Mark Yao at Dorji.com for a quote.

FCC allows use in the 433 Band, but power levels depend upon application and for the most part are very limited. Periodic transmissions are only allowed at flea bite levels. Streaming data is not allowed at all. You almost need to be a lawyer with a degree in RF Physics to interpret the FCC regulations. A workable option is to order 868Mhz modules and operate them in the 915MHz ISM band at higher power levels . The loss of range is minimal.

433Mhz is NOT an ISM band in the USA regardless of what you may see on Ebay and elsewhere.