Any set date for SMT 18M2 release.

Pauldesign

I know the SMT of picaxe 18M2 will be released but i'm just curious to know if there is any expected date set particularly sometime this year as i'm very desperate to use it in my final design.

Rgds

Grogster

Sick of the standard DIL 18M2 already?! ;) ;) :p :D

But seriously, I doubt this will be anytime soon. I heard whispers around the forum that it will be sometime in 2011, but not before.

Pauldesign

Thanks for replying Grogster, may be your rumor is right because even tech support haven't got the decency to comment on this and is over a day now.:eek:

I asked because i'm planning to design a very miniature touch sensor for a remote control part of my thesis otherwise i'll just use the bulky DIL 18M2 in my final design (my plan was to use only surface mount components in my entire project) .

I don't know why they're dodging from such a simple question which might relief lots of others also. :eek:

Nevertheless you can't run faster than your shadow or maybe you can, depending from what direction the light is shinning.;)

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
No attempt to dodge the question or lack of decency intended just no useful additional information to pass on at the present time. It's one of those "I can neither confirm nor deny" situations, not very useful perhaps but currently that's how it is.

Release schedule will be affected by quantities, lead time and delivery time and is not entirely under our control. Obviously we would like to release product as soon as possible and I will ask if we have any ETA.

Pauldesign

Now you're talking Hippy, just those words in your reply heals a thousand wounds rather than saying nothing and i won't mine if you or the other guys never got back with the appropriate answer i was expecting but of course there will always be an appropriate answer, just a matter of time. :)

I thought PICaxe forum had lost that quick response spirit and value which guys like you, the other moderators and some senior members had worked so hard and are still working hard to build and which we're all proud of and makes us (the quest for knowledge) to continuously ask questions even if there are trivial. (Well, a question is considered stupid iff the answer is stupid). :p

Nevertheless i know one of the moderators esp you, will reply, it was just a matter of when which i hastened it by using words such as indecency and dodging to spark the flame. ;)

Of course this forum has always been and will always be decent and i'm hoping to see it listed in the Forbes 10 top forums of the year and if possible #1 technical forum of the millennium.:rolleyes: oops maybe there is no Forbes top forum discipline even but never mine what do they know even besides twisted showbiz infos. (Disclaimer; my personal opinion and not that of PICaxe and associates.)

Dippy

Paul, I couldn't follow all that but never mind.:)

Just to let you know that the 'other' moderators have no commercial link to Rev-Ed and have no ideas about Rev-Ed's plans.

In future I'll reply "don't know" to questions like this :rolleyes:

Have you tried emailing direct?

Pauldesign

Yeah Dippy, just that might do as " saying something that worth nothing is better than saying nothing that worth something" or maybe the other way around or neither :confused: Well it depends as my saying applies only to questions otherwise it's better to sit quite than going about talking esp garbage. oops ;)

Attached is a copy of an email i sent to Tech supplies 2 weeks ago and in it, i asked on the first paragraph if there is a free (i wanted to ask but discount shipping) shipping for orders below 10pounds to non EU zones and on the second paragraph if there will be a surface mount version of 18M2 and when it will be released but they answered just the first paragraph besides the fact that i asked nicely :mad:

Then you tell me what i was supposed to do next...to resend the email again containing just the second part maybe written in capital letters or to fax or mail my question. :rolleyes: As i once said, it's better to say something than to say nothing to a question!

Attachments