Analogue

jands

"Analogue" appears in the software but I can find no reference to it in the help file. How is it used?
It seems that only A0, A1and A2 can be compared. Is this the limit of Analogue values that can be set?
How do I tell the command which input to check?
I also see that the help file commands do not match the program in many other instances. Is there a later file than the one attached to the program?
J

Last edited:

Dippy

" "Analogue" appears in the software but I can find no reference to it in the help file."
- which "software" ?? What section are you looking at?

What do you want this "analogue" to do?
i.e. what is the App?

Have you looked at ReadADC and the comparators?

Which PICAXE will you be using?

The latest Manuals are the ones you'll get from this site. See PICAXE Manual dropdown on the orange link bar above.

The reason you haven't had a detailed quick response is that no-one knows what you are referring to.

A clearer explanation would be appreciated.
Read through what you have written before submitting.
Good spacing will improve readability.
Any diagrams would really help.
Any external devices should be provided with a Data Sheet link or similar.

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
@ Dippy : You perhaps missed that the post was in the Logicator for PIC micro forum :)

It does appear that the Analogue flowchart block may not be described in the manual and this has been noted. My understanding is ...

The Analogue block is a diamond and thus a decision point like Decision and Compare, it will have two paths coming from it a Yes and a No path depending on if the condition is met or not. The decision test is made on an an analogue input and the decision test to use entered by double-clicking on the Analogue block.

The centre drop-down selects the analogue input to be used and the options available will depend on which PICAXE Logicator has been configured for. The left and right drop-downs select the analogue range to test for; for example "20 < A2 < 40". The decision test will be met when analogue input 2 is between 21 and 39 and the Yes path will be followed, otherwise the No path will be followed.

Last edited: