Ambiguity in PICAXE18M2 and infraout commands

Pauldesign

Although in the picaxe commands manual and in the Quick Syntax checker, it does shows that 18M2 supports infraout command but it seems as if PICAXE18M2 (not so sure about 14M2 and 20M2, so can't query this on them since they're still in the pipeline) doesn't support infraout command when use in Prog Edit or checked in 18M2 pin-out data-sheet.

Or is there a special way of using infraout command with 18M2 which isn't mentioned in the manuals. :rolleyes: .

Well, i'm just reporting this if it hasn't been noticed or mentioned before, so please don't tell me to use irout command as i know 18M2 supports it and it works great. :)

Attached is a screen short of PE infraout command simulation error using 18M2.

Attachments

MartinM57

Well, i'm just reporting this if it hasn't been noticed or mentioned before, so please don't tell me to use irout command as i know 18M2 supports it and it works great.
Just use the irout command - the 18M2 supports it after all and I'm told it works great ;)

There is a hint in the Manual for infraout that you didn't mention
This command is depreciated, please consider using the irout command instead
As it is accepted by the syntax checker and the manual only suggests considering using irout, what happens if you try to download it to a real chip?

...but you're right though - the simulator doesn't like it ;)

cdngunner

oopps

as it pertains to infrain, etc

Note also that certain older commands have been depreciated as they are replaced with an enhanced alternative.
The older command will still be recognised (on chip s that support that particular feature), but use of the
replacement command is recommended for enhanced operation.

Last edited:

hippy

Ex-Staff (retired)
Yes, INFRAOUT and IROUT are supported on 18M2 and are intended to be supported on the 14M2 and 20M2 though deprecated as the manual notes. As may be guessed, INFRAOUT is equivalent to an IROUT to a specific pin so the latter can be used instead.

Apologies for the Simulator issue; seems the INFRAOUT has been mangled for the 18M2. I've made a note of that. Use IROUT and you'll be okay. Both should run okay on a real chip.