Altronics (Perth Australia) becoming a SparkFun Electronics stockist

westaust55

Perth (Australia) based electronics retail outlet Altronics announced yesterday that they are becoming a stockist for Sparkfun products.

Altronics have sold PICAXE chips for some years now and while the Sparkfun association will also have them selling Arduino cough products,
Sparkfun and hence force Altronics also have a range of other modules and breakout boards that can be useful in our PICAXE projects.
In their own words:
Altronics are soon to be a SparkFun Electronics stockist! We are eagerly awaiting our first shipment of SparkFun products now available for pre-order at www.altronics.com.au.
We are keen to hear from our own customers about what SparkFun products they'd like to see on our shelves. Drop us a line on Twitter, Facebook or via promo [at] altronics [dot] com.au.
(just replace the description in [ ] with the corresponding symbol/character.

Hmmm, another (trivial) observation . . . today seemingly also marks 1,500 days since I first started with PICAXE chips

SAborn

today seemingly also marks 1,500 days since I first started with PICAXE chips
How the heck did you know that??

Your workshop wall must be like some rock calander on shipwreck island, with crossed off lines keeping score of the days.;)

westaust55

How the heck did you know that??

Your workshop wall must be like some rock calander on shipwreck island, with crossed off lines keeping score of the days.;)
A relatively easy one.
Since I joined 3 Mar 2008 (which I seem to have memorised along with lots of other trivia) I knew it was just over 4 years.
Without getting too extreme about leap years, any exact 4 year period will (generally) include 1 leap year and thus always 1461 days.
Then from the old ditty about “30 days hath September, . . . “ from 3 Mar to 11 April we add another 39 days and hey presto, 1500 in total. :cool:

SAborn

Altronics are local and for me just a 10-15 min walk from where I work.
Me too, its only 3000km walk.......... Ok a bit more than 10-15 mins,

Although they do have a very good mail order system.