Advanced/Hi-Tech PICAXE based projects section

Pauldesign

Hi

If i'm not mistaking, a while ago, discussions for the possibilities for an advanced section for PICAXE based projects were mentioned and until now nothing has happened.

Well, i've been wondering whether such a separate section involving only advanced projects/discussions esp on modern techs/protocols such as GSM, GPRS, 3G, Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, UTMS, WSN etc will be created be it for current discussions and or final PICAXE based projects?

I think it will be nice to quarantine such interesting M2M projects from the rest of the forum. Just a thought.

Please, don't get me wrong about M2M:D

Rgds

MartinM57

Well, i've been wondering whether such a separate section involving only advanced projects/discussions esp on modern techs/protocols such as .... will be created be it for current discussions and or final PICAXE based projects?
I highly doubt it.

We can't even get sticky posts or a tutorials section which would be the first steps in enhancing the forum...

BeanieBots

Don't let anything hold you back PaulDesign.
Post your advanced projects now. Projects which hold interest tend to stay near the top simply based on number of reads. Also, should such a section ever materialise, we can always move threads to an appropriate location.
For now, you'll just have to resort to using 'search' for specific topics.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
We are indeed working on a revamped website and community at present. As ever these things take time, but we are sure people will be pleased when they come online. We do take note of all suggestions and these have been acted upon where possible.

As for stickys, we are not that keen on forums where the first page of topics are all stickys as it distracts from the layout and ease of use - but we are currently working on more visually appealing methods of doing the same job!

russbow

We are indeed working on a revamped website and community at present. As ever these things take time, but we are sure people will be pleased when they come online. We do take note of all suggestions and these have been acted upon where possible.

As for stickys, we are not that keen on forums where the first page of topics are all stickys as it distracts from the layout and ease of use - but we are currently working on more visually appealing methods of doing the same job!
But if it aint broke, it don't need fixing.

Surely doesn't need a re-vamp just to add a section to store TUTORIALS and another for ADVANCED

Dippy

"We are indeed working on a revamped website and community at present"

What does working on a revamped ...community mean? :confused:
I know we all love jargon but is it the same as Forum cleansing?
Will we be rounded up and marched off somewhere?:eek:

inglewoodpete

"We are indeed working on a revamped website and community at present"

What does working on a revamped ...community mean? :confused:
I know we all love jargon but is it the same as Forum cleansing?
Will we be rounded up and marched off somewhere?:eek:
You'd better be good, Dippy. "Revamped Community" may mean cancellation of your login if you don't maintain the standard of your posts on MOSFETs and PWM.:)