About Fritzing and Picaxe boards

coparu67

It would be nice to see in Fritzing (fritzing.org) Picaxe boards like Arduino boards.

Is there any proyect about that?

Oscar Lopez

Hello,
I love Picaxe, I am lucky to have some Picaxe ICs, development boards, USB cables and I really want to take advantage of them. I love that Fritzing (design software) includes some ICs in its library and now you can upload the code to the Picaxe directly from Fritzing, the way to do this is in 'Settings' choose 'Code View' and then choose the Picaxe path, This path is my problem, I have searched on the internet and on Fritzing specifically and I cannot find which Picaxe file I should choose and where it is located. I have tried taking the Picaxe editor executable but it did not work.
Has anyone on the forum had success uploading the code to Picaxe, directly from Fritzing?

regpye

I kind of doubt it. Fritzing does not seem too popular with Picaxe users.
I use it all the time, it is great for developing board quickly and the Gerber output works well with PCB suppliers like
PCBway which have an excellent service and cheap
.14M2 DFPlayer security.fzz - Fritzing - [PCB View].jpg
This is a board I designed yesterday and ordered today from PCBway.

Last edited:

kranenborg

I use it all the time, it is great for developing board quickly and the Gerber output works well with PCB suppliers like
PCBway which have an excellent service and cheap
.View attachment 25902
This is a board I designed yesterday and ordered today from PCBway.
Hi, interesting! I thought Fritzing would only do single-sided PCBs, but yours is a double-sided one as it appears to me. How did you deal with this "single-sidedness", does Fritzing actually give some tool support with this challenge?
Thanks!
Jurjen

regpye

How did you deal with this "single-sidedness", does Fritzing actually give some tool support with this challenge?
Fritzing is so easy to use, it does double sided boards with no trouble at all. When you place a track you can tell the program to lower the track to the other side of the board and it does everything automatically, no fuss.
There is a huge library of parts including picaxe chips, just about anything you would need and also it is possible to make your own parts if needed or download user created parts.

steliosm

I have been using Fritzing since I dropped doing home-made PCB boards. It's easy to use and a great tool for up to 2 layer boards. You can also design custom shape PCB boards with it, which I think it's a great feature. Unfortunately, the Picaxe library is outdated but you can follow a few tutorials online on how to modify existing parts to create your own.