A Trojan is stopping me playing with my PICAXE HELP !!

D n T

I would like to know some trusted forums to find out how to get rid of the copybook trojan.I tried a couple bit they each recommend each other and they appear to be a bit suspect.
I trust here so if you can suggest a site that would be good, Im tired of getting redirected

Thank you.

hippy

Technical Support
Staff member
If I ever get an infection like that I normally remove and re-install Windows to make completely sure that it has gone, that nothing has slipped under the radar.

I'd have thought any of the reputable anti-virus scanners would have detected it and be able to quarantine or remove it.

nickpatts

From what I've read it can or does change settings on your router if you use one, which means once you have clean the pc a hard reset of the router may be needed to clean its own settings (usually a reset button via a pin hole on back), pc has to be clean tho, otherwise it will keep on changing the routers settings, I've used Malwarebytes in the past for many trojans and should sort out your problem.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php make sure its updated to latest defs before scanning.

Kind Regards

Nick

Last edited:

alband

Have you had an email from MSN recently with a whole load of addresses on it? If so that must be it.
MSN has "apparently" run out of room for its users names and is going to delete every users name unless they send a copy of this email to at least 18 other people.
Make up your own mind as to whether you believe that.
Oh, and if you get an email from MSN at some point, think twice about opening it?

gengis

A Usenet forum that's pretty good is: alt.privacy.spyware. Post questions there.

Spybot search and destroy, and adaware are both good free programs.

something called "hijack this" is a program that creates a list of all the windows calls to dlls and programs so you can see what is running on your system - it often takes some expertise to winnow through the list and pick out the malware - the gurus on alt.privacy.spyware are good for that (but hate it when you post a list "cold" - before it is requested)

An ounce of prevention: learn how to use the windows communications bindings (and disable anything you don't need) and use the firefox browser with the "no script" extension.