A multi-Unit Logger

saunj

These are several compatible devices which combine to process analog and digital inputs, convert to a serial digital for, display the values, record them on a Secure Digital chip, and output a selected value to a meter.

1. The Signal Conditioner has convenient connectors for connection to external voltages and currents. All are amplified or divided as necessary for an output span of 0 - 4V.

2. The Serial ADC fastens on top of the Signal Conditioner to which it is connected by a ribbon cable. It converts all of the analog signals with 10-bit precision.
There are two outputs. The first is a RS-232 comma-separated-values record at 9600 baud. This is used by the Logging Terminal
The second goes directly to the digital potentiometer in the Digital Multimeter to drive the meter.

3. The Logging Terminal has a digital display which shows all of the Comma-Separated Values record.
It also has a socket for a Secure Digital module which records this record, with a time/date tag.

4. The Digital Multimeter contains a large analog meter, switches and displays to select one of the analog values and scale it appropriately.
For a complete description see: http://Projects.WorsleyAssociates.com/Logging_System
There are 3 Picaxe in this system, but I can only attach two of their codes.
Since I have turned 80 and my both eyes need 7 eye drop applications per day, don't expect me to make any more circuit boards with 30 AWG Kynar wires soldered.

Attachments