A few minor issues

grim_reaper

Hi,

I have a couple of minor gripes about v6.0.7.4. See screen shot for the first one - I'm sure I reported this months ago, but maybe not - file names with ampersands in are being translated to underscore/shortcut keys in the tab headers.

Ampersands.png

The second gripe is regarding the 'check for updates'/automatic download of new versions. When I'm at work I have a very, very pathetic internet connection, and if I try and pull down an update it waits ages and then fails to download. Not Rev-Ed's fault I know, but can the thread used to perform the download be a bit more responsive please? If you click the close button on the window (there's no cancel button!) it waits for a while before telling me the thread's been aborted (which is perfectly understandable to a software developer, but I guess is somewhat confusing for other folks). I think an instant thread termination and a specific 'Update download cancelled' would be more friendly.

Technical

Technical Support
Staff member
The & has been reported before, its on the todo list, but not near the top of that list.

The download we will log as issue, but if struggling with the download you can always just go directly to www.picaxe.com/PE6 instead, its the same download.

grim_reaper

Oh, yes, I did that, the download works fine functionally... this connection is so slow that the 54Mb file took nearly half an hour :(

Thanks for logging it.