40X2 Hackers board

for $20.00 US one can but this board from here possibly, less on Ebay (geiliable-store)..

http://www.mcufighter.com/products.php?34&sid=7b5815c115jgl71fmg2b41p2b2

It is a 16F877 Development Board. the '877 has the same pin-out as the 18F45K22 (40X2)
and if one cut the comm traces from the MAX232 to the processors '877 comm inputs
and jumpered them to the '45K22's comm inputs...
one might have a nice and versatile development board with 8 led's and 4 taclile push-buttons as well.
There is a Full pin out for the chip for expansion as well. All of this for not so very many dollars, I paid $15.45 at auction
for mine and it works well with the '877 processor. Next to 'move' the comm lines over and try my 40X2.
I could also provide the resistor network in the manual carefully tacked to the DB9 connector and jumpered to pins 6&7....
Either would work, remembering to pull rx low with a 10K resistor. The board has a type b (small square one) but it is for power
only now. First thoughts and I thought I might share them.

Robert K. Johnson (Bob)

westaust55

with access to all IO pins, programming and reset circuits, provision for two resonators provision for voltage regulator and more (but no on board LEDs or input switches) and no need to modify tracks there is the AXE022.
http://www.picaxe.com/docs/axe022.pdf

Edit: (but wait ..... There's more)
Can take any 28 or 40 pin PICAXE, has on board socket for a 24LCxxx or similar i2c EEPROM and provision for the i2c pull up resistors.

Last edited:
49X2 Hackers board

Yes Sir I did look at that board however the board is 12.50 (British Sterling) X 1.61 = $20.13 US
and the shipping is free from the Ebay source, the parts are advertised @ $15.45, Free Shipping.
Beyond hacking the traces... I did it for years... (engineers make mistakes too) the 'Official' board
is a better part for more advanced users and the "cheaper one has it's own merits.
My intent here was simply to share my experience with this PCB. For the Project I have in mind
your board might well be more useful but most of my needs are external modules that communicate
via a serial port, either IIC or RS232 or both. I purchased this board for another Project that I have
Code for and I found on inspection that this one was with small changes would do what I wanted to
do with my Picaxe project as well. Perhaps not quite as well but certainly as well considering the $10.00 US
(approx.) cost difference from Ebay. Did I mention that the board has a TL780-95C 5V reg on board?
up to 35V input voltage and 750MA output current and a power switch too <BG>...

Bob