3 axis control board

splott

Does anyone out there no of a pic circuit that will control a 3 axis stepper motor control building my own 3 axis cnc machine and need to build a control board for it cheers

Mycroft2152

Splott,

There are a lot of factors involved in building a "CNC". Power supplies, motor drivers, software, resolution, etc,

By "pic" do you mean "PICAXE" or "PIC"?

Remember a PICAXE can process 2000 instructions per second. Do your calculations on the possible speed of the cutting head. You will be very surprised, BE patient.

If you are interested in a straight "PIC" version, GOOGLE "PICSTEP"

For a clever simple stepper motor application, GOOGLE "EGGBOT", seems appropriate for this time of year.

Myc

Last edited:

Tom2000

"There are three things to remember when teaching: know your stuff; know whom you are stuffing; and then stuff them elegantly”
1. Tell 'em what you're gonna tell 'em.

2. Tell 'em.

3. Tell 'em what ya told 'em.

:)

Mycroft2152

1. Tell 'em what you're gonna tell 'em.

2. Tell 'em.

3. Tell 'em what ya told 'em.

:)
Tom,

Unfortunately, that presupposes that:

1. They want to lern,

2. They are willing to make an effort to learn.

This is an excellent and helpful forum. Perhaps too helpful. There have been many times where a question is answered, almost before it is asked. There is a stampede to see who can provide the full answer first. :)

It seems that "check in the manual" is not enough, someone then posts the page number, then someone else cuts and pastes the text. That is spoonfeeding at its worst. and it has become expected.

I kinow that I would not have been able to do half the projects that I have done, by waiting for someone to give me the answers. It was learning how to find the answers that gave me the confidence and abiltiy to do them.

So forgive me for asking Splott to do a little work and actually search the internet, rather than providing a link. You know , he might even find some helpful things along the way.

End of a rainy day rant.

Myc

Tom2000

Myc,

I wasn't commenting about your post. Your signature drew a chuckle, and reminded me of that pithy little quip I'd heard many years ago.

Best,

Tom

Mycroft2152

Tom,

Sorry about the misunderstanding, I read your post incorrectly, it didn't seem to be in character.

The flu season in full swing here in the states and I've been "enjoying' bed rest for four days now. As my dioctor said, "Untreated the flu will last seven days, if treated it will last a week."

Myc

Tom2000

Sorry, Myc.

I read your message, then I read your signature. What I failed to do was to read your message and your signature to realize that my attempt at humor might have been construed as sniping at you.

You're right... something like that definitely isn't my style.

Best,

Tom